Comment on page
Web3 Assets + ...more
NFTs. Domains. IPFS.
- USD (Unstoppable Domains) domains are new extensions (similar to .com or .net) launched as smart contracts on public blockchains.
- All USD Web3 domains are ERC-721 (NFTs) on the Ethereum and Polygon network.
- Our Web3 asset(s) is/are given below and they're on the Polygon Blockchain/network for send/receive transaction recordings on the Polygon Web3 decentralized ledger.
While traditional domains are leased by a single authority, Web3 Domains are self-stored in a wallet by the owner, much like a cryptocurrency, and no third party can take them away or take-down its content. Our domains need no renewals; we own them for life.
A self-custody solution is possible because our domain(s) is/are an asset(s) on the blockchain and stored like a cryptocurrency in our wallet(s). This custody method gives our Web3 domains “super-powers” that traditional domains do not have.
Due to the self-custody nature of our Web3 domains they...
- IPFS: Cryptographically-secured using IPFS (Inter-Planetary File System).
- Can be used as a universal username across our apps and websites.
- Cannot be seized by a third party.
- Can deploy decentralized websites.
- Can be transferred around the world in seconds without needing permission from any third party.
- Gives us sole control and access to domain management features - adding crypto addresses for simplifying payments and pointing website content to our domains.
- These are just some of the main (among many) reasons why we chose USD for Web3.