Comment on page
What are ERC-1155 tokens?
- ERC-1155 tokens were developed by Enjin.
- It is a way of creating both
- i.e. digital cards, pets and in-game skins assets.
- They can be used to represent assets or items across Enjin’s ecosystem of blockchain games.
- So one asset can be used in multiple games.
- The ERC-721 standard’s token ID is a single non-fungible index and the group of these non-fungibles is deployed as a single contract with settings for the entire collection.
- In contrast, the ERC-1155 Multi Token Standard allows for each token ID to represent a new configurable token type, which may have its own metadata, supply and other attributes.
- ERC-1155 a new way of creating tokens that allow for more efficient trades and bundling of transactions – thus saving costs.
- ERC-1155 includes optimizations that allow for more efficient and safer transactions. Transactions could be bundled together – thus reducing the cost of transferring tokens.